Sunday 6 January 2013

Busy Busy Busy

So, on to the next set of challenges from "I am the diva".

Challenge 13

This Challenge was called Non-Dominatrix and we were to use our non-dominant hand to draw a tangle.  Well, I kept seeing pictures of the hand on Pinterest.  Someone outlines their hand and then draws a series of lines to show the hand popping off the surface.  So I did this first picture.

When I read the Challenge, I wanted to do it, but I wanted to do something easy enough that I didn't end up hating it!  So I decided to do the hand drawing thing again.

The first pic is with my dominant hand and making a peace sign.  The second is drawn with my non-dominant hand and it is my thumb and forefinger.  No...my finger hasn't shrunken in the second pic and I didn't give up and just draw it shorter for convenience sake!  It is actually different fingers :)





Challenge 14 & 15

These challenges were Walk the Line and Love your Curves, Baby.  The first challenge was to draw a tangle using only straight lines and the second one was to draw a tangle with all curvy lines!  Here's what I came up with:


Challenge 16 was Mooka and anyone who came to my house for Christmas 2012 will know that I handed out small river rocks with Mooka's drawn as a family embracing a heart for my giveaway!  Yet another look at it here:
So, I haven't done another tangle for this challenge, figuring I had mastered it for now...I have, however used Mookas in other tangles I have drawn since...including the next challenge.


Challenge 17 was called 15 Minutes of Fame and the challenge was to draw a tangle from start (drawing the string base) to finish (shading and embellishing).  It was harder than I thought it would be.  Time flies when you are having fun!  I thought I was only taking about 15 minutes on all of them, but I guess I take more like half an hour by the time I plan what tangles I want to use, how I want them to fit, how the shading should be, etc.  But, here is what I came up with for Challenge 17.


Challenge 19 was entitled More Morris and the idea was to get away from drawing black on white and change it up a bit.  I didn't have a white pen or black paper, so I decided to go with white paper still, but attempt to accomplish the challenge by making most of the drawing black and only bits of white.  Once I finished I decided it wasn't really what was being asked, so I started again and used silver pen (my fav) and darkish paper (I darkened it a bit again on the computer).  This time I got more of the result I thought I should have had.  So, the left is the second drawing and the right is my first drawing. 

That is about it for today.  I did another Capricorn tangle and I have started my first ZIA after doing these challenges and improving my handiwork.  When I am done, I will post it, but it is in its first steps for now!  Here is the Capricorn, however:
Well, back to the drawing...doodling...board!




No comments:

Post a Comment