Friday 4 January 2013

"I am the diva" Challenges 11 & 12

I've been doing lots of tangling to start off 2013!  And getting a bit better at them, if I do say so myself!  I am getting more comfortable holding a pen again.  I have spent many years designing on computers and not with pen and paper!  It feels good to go "old school".

First, I completed Challenges 11 & 12, Monotangle and Something Blue.  I did a few samples for each, but I chose to submit the following two:


Maybe I will post the other samples I made at a later date...especially when (notice I don't say IF) I don't have enough time to make new designs to post.

Once I did the icon for Capricorn for "Something Blue", I decided I really wanted to try doing it again in another style.  That is when this one emerged:


I definitely have to learn to leave space at the edges of my pics once I start doing them for real and not just for practice!  I tend to like to fill the entire page...it somehow feels like cheating when I do the "Simplistic" doodles.

And, did I mention?, I love my silver and now my gold Sharpies!  This diamond drop tangle glistens in the light...liking it!


I also started practicing some lettering...only started though.  Well, this is the first and only one I have done at this point.  But I liked how this one turned out, so I am posting it anyway.

That is all for now.  Back to the drawing...er...doodling board!

No comments:

Post a Comment