Wednesday 2 January 2013

My Birthday

All my life my complaint for my birthday has been that January 2nd is the day the holiday is over...taking down decorations, returning gifts, returning to work, hangover from partying for days, and back to school (back in my day anyway).

So, when I learned that the challenge from I am the Diva was called "Breathe", it seemed appropriate to me.  It was a day of relaxing and watching old movies and drawing some zentangle-inspired-art (ZIA).

First, here is my interpretation of Breathe:
The rhythmic pattern reminds me of the expansion and contraction of the lungs as we breathe.  The bubbles represent the air and the lines are the muscles that control our breath.  It seemed natural to add a heartbeat lifeline since it is breath that keeps us alive!

Next, I have been trying to decide how I want to draw water, so here are some practice items including my attempts at water.  I still haven't created my style for water, but I am sure it will come.



Now, back to the drawing...er...doodling board!

No comments:

Post a Comment